Terms & Conditions of Use
offered through www.EMTclass.com (“Site”). You must agree to these terms and conditions to become a registered member. EMTCLASS reserves the right, at any time, to modify, alter, or update this Agreement without prior notice and
will make the most recent version available on the Site. By using the Site and continuing to use the Site after any modifications, you agree to the terms of the updated Agreement and to be bound by any such changes.
- Access to Site. EMTCLASS provides its members with supplemental study materials, test preparation materials, and video based content related to the EMT field. Members must provide all equipment necessary for their own
Internet connection, including any related fees. The Site is for your personal use only. Commercial use of the Site or of any Site content is prohibited.
- Children. The Site is intended for the use of adults 18 years or older and children over the age of 13. You are not permitted to use the Site if you are under the age of 13. By using the Site, you agree to provide us with
accurate information concerning your age or identity if requested and you agree not to assist children under the age of 13 in accessing the Site.
- Copyrights. All content, applications, digital downloads, data compilations on the Site and all text, photographs, graphics, video and audio included in them (“Site Materials”) are the property of or licensed to EMTCLASS.
The Site contains material that is protected by copyright, trademark, or other intellectual property rights, and the Site itself is protected as a collective work under the copyright laws of the United States and other
countries. Except for user content that you own, you may not download, modify, publish, transmit, create derivative works from, or in any way exploit, any component of the Site Materials.
- Botnets. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, or other automatic device, or manual process to monitor or copy Site Materials. EMTCLASS retains the right, at its sole discretion, to terminate any accounts
involved with botnets and related activities. If any hostnames are used as command and control points for botnets, EMTCLASS reserves the right to direct the involved hostnames to a honeypot, loopback address, logging
facility, or any other destination at our discretion.
- Trademarks. The trademarks, service marks, designs, and logos (collectively, the “Trademarks”) displayed on the Site are the registered and unregistered Trademarks of EMTCLASS and EMTCLASS licensors. You may not use the
Trademarks in connection with any product or service that does not belong to EMTCLASS, or in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among users about whether we are the source, sponsor, or endorser of the product or
service, or in any manner that disparages or discredits us. You may not frame the content of the Site without express, written consent by EMTCLASS. You may not use metatags or any other “hidden text” that incorporates the
EMTCLASS Trademarks or its name without our express written consent.
- User Content. By submitting content, regardless of form or medium, (collectively, “User Content”), you grant EMTCLASS a non-exclusive, perpetual, irrevocable, world-wide, royalty-free, license to use, publish, publicly
display and sublicense User Content, in whole or in part, in original form or as edited or modified by EMTCLASS, in all languages, forms and media, on the Site and elsewhere, unless otherwise agreed to in writing. EMTCLASS
reserves the right, but not the obligation, to edit, modify and/or remove your User Content without prior notice. You are solely responsible for your User Content, and you represent that you will not: (a) submit material
that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful
owner to post the material and to grant us all of the rights granted herein; (b) use a false identity or impersonate any other person or use a name that you are not authorized to use; (c) submit material that is unlawful,
obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, pornographic, harassing, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, or give rise to civil liability or is
- Notification of Claimed Copyright Infringement. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. § 512(c), EMTCLASS designates the following individual as its agent for receipt of notifications of claimed copyright infringement: Kirk H. Strohman, 1400
Executive Parkway, Suite 300, 541-345-4312, email@example.com.
- Compliance with Laws. You may not use the Site in any way that violates applicable state, federal, or international laws, regulations or other government requirements. You will not transmit any material that encourages
conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or regulation.
- Disclaimer of Warranties; Limitations on Liability. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL INFORMATION ON THE SITES AND/OR INCLUDED IN EMAILS DISTRIBUTED TO YOU BY EMTCLASS IS PROVIDED TO YOU “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY
OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SITE WILL BE
UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. IN NO EVENT SHALL EMTCLASS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE. BECAUSE
SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY FOR CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold EMTCLASS, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs, made by any third
party due to, or arising out of your use of the Site, the violation of this Agreement, or infringement by you, or other user of the Site using your computer, of any intellectual property or any other right of any person or
- Third-Party Sites. The Site and/or emails from EMTCLASS may include links to other sites on the Internet that are owned and operated by third parties. EMTCLASS does not endorse and is not responsible for the availability or
content of third party services that may be linked to the Site. We encourage all Members to review said terms and conditions and privacy policies of all third-party sites.
- Choice of Law; Forum. Any dispute you have with EMTCLASS arising from or related to this Agreement will be governed by Oregon law and the exclusive forum for disputes arising from or related to this Agreement shall be Lane
County Circuit Court or the Federal District Court in Eugene, Oregon.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. The parties (you and EMTCLASS) irrevocably waive any and all right to trial by jury in any legal proceedings arising from or relating to this Agreement.
- Severability. If any provision of this Agreement shall be unlawful, void or unenforceable for any reason, the other provisions (and any partially-enforceable provision) shall not be affected thereby and shall remain valid
and enforceable to the maximum possible extent.
- Transferability. This Agreement and any other agreements referenced herein may be assigned by EMTCLASS, in its sole discretion, to a third party in the event of a merger or acquisition.
- Other Agreements. This Agreement shall apply in addition to, and shall not be superseded by, any other written agreement between us in relation to your participation as a member.
Privacy Notice Dated February 21st, 2020
EMTclass.com (the “Site”) is owned by Classward, LLC (“we” or “us”). This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for Classward, LLC related to EMTclass.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by
this Site. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the Site, how it is used and with whom it may be shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this Site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g., to
ship an order.
following the instructions in any such email or by contacting us directly.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express any concern you have about our use of your data.
Precautions to Protect Your Information
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the Site, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a closed lock icon at the bottom of your web browser,
or looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service)
are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Changes to this Policy
Our Membership Agreement
EMTclass provides various services and resources to registered members (“Members”) depending on the membership purchased. These services include, but are not limited to classroom education, assistance studying, and test
preparation courses (“CE”) and various refresher courses related to the EMT/EMS field.
(NOTE: EMTclass is a service of Classward, LLC. Classward, LLC offers EMT test preparation services for the NREMT through EMT Prep at emtprep.com, and continuing education and refresher courses for recertification at
As a Member of EMTclass, you must understand and agree to the following:
- EMTclass services are specifically designed to provide members with supplemental help during their classroom time. EMTclass is not a replacement for qualified instruction through CAAHEP EMS education programs.
- EMTclass services and resources are designed to fulfill education requirements, but are not intended to provide requirements or procedures for life saving techniques, emergency response, or any type of medical training. You
agree that you will only use EMTclass for help with studying and passing exams. Local protocols and physician supervision should always control for actual procedures used in the field on actual patients.
- IT IS THE MEMBER’S RESPONSIBILITY TO CONFIRM HIS OR HER OWN CLASSROOM EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS, INCLUDING WHICH COURSES WILL BE ACCEPTED. You acknowledge that classroom education requirements are specific to each Member and
EMTclass makes no guarantee or warranty that it’s services will be accepted for credit by your specific governing body.
- Prior to using EMTclass, please carefully review your own Instructor’s curriculum and educational pre-requisites and requirements for compatibility with their courses.
- CLASSWARD, LLC MAKES NO WARRANTY AS TO THE FITNESS OF THE MATERIALS PROVIDED TO MEMBERS FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR FOR A PARTICULAR MEMBER.
Except as otherwise noted, all materials provided to Members are the property of Classward, LLC, an Oregon limited liability company, and are protected by the copyright laws of the United States of America and as otherwise
described in the Terms & Conditions. No portion of these materials may be reproduced or resold in any form or by any means without the prior written consent of Classward, LLC.